Chinooks Newsletter – August 2020
Practice Schedule - Note Changes
MWF – 5:30-6:30 AM at University of Idaho Swim Center
Tu/Th – 5:30-6:45 AM at Hamilton-Lowe Aquatic Center THRU Thursday, August 20th
Tu/Th – Evenings start Tuesday, August 25th 6:00-7:00 PM at University of Idaho Swim Center (3 lanes)Sign up to swim … August 24 thru September 14
We’re heading into another inflection point – everyone coming back from vacations ready-ish for whatever this school year will look like. And we’re transitioning from Outside Tu/Th to Evenings Tu/Th. We want to make sure there is minimum deck time and maximum swim time, so we will do sign ups for Morning and Evening practices and assign spots.
Morning Practice Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084FA9AA2EA4FF2-fall
Evening Practice Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084FA9AA2EA4FF2-fall1
Membership Options, Dues and Policies on Payments & Participation
- Assignments made on a weekly basis, usually on Sundays
- Warm up in your assigned lane; if needed we’ll shuffle after warm ups.
- Please Arrive On Time. It is hard to integrate someone into a lane where the swimmers have already agreed to split.
- If you just show up without signing up during transition, you’ll get the leftover spots. Be flexible!
- Please honor Shelly’s time spent on lane assignments by signing up and keeping your commitments.
- Practices continue past Sept 14th; we'll decide if we need to continue sign-ups prior to that.
Dues for Fall Trimester are due September 1.
This item will get a detailed message toward the end of August, but here are the bullet points:
- Monthly is now a membership option for $30/month ($20 student)
- Monthly dues must be paid by credit card automatically billed on the first of each month
- You must contact us (email@example.com) PRIOR TO THE FIRST OF THE MONTH to have your Chinooks membership put On Hold or Inactive to suspend billing for the following month. Just telling us on deck won’t work unless you watch us make the change on our phones and you won’t have record of notifying us.
- If you participate in a month, you pay for the month
- If you participate in a trimester, you pay for the trimester (still a low $100 or $65 student) with proration at the halfway mark in the trimester to half the rate
- Credit card payment is an option for trimester but we still prefer checks. Ask Paige or Tom L. if you want more info.
Apply for all UI parking permits ONLINE. Current permits EXPIRE on Monday, August 17.
Process for New Members and Returning Members
- Select - Order Permits
- Select - Annual Permits for Students/Staff/Faculty (even if you are a community member!) (students/staff/faculty should login first)
- Select - 21 Commuter/OE (cost is still $15 or free to add on if you buy an annual permit)
- Add in the vehicles you might take to the swim center
- Select "Mail" for delivery
- Put in mailing address
- Justification - "Masters Swimming"
- Pay online using the UIdaho Marketplace payment site; click all the way through until you are returned to the Parking Services page with a receipt.
Chinooks does most of its advertising through word of mouth. Thank you so much!
During these times when we need to take special care in spacing swimmers out both on deck and in the pool, we would like prospective Chinooks to contact Coach Shelly and Paige by email first (firstname.lastname@example.org – goes to both of us) so that we can ensure they know what the deck and pool protocols are and can come try us out on a day when there is enough space in the pool.
Returning members should also let us know prior to returning to the pool. We’ll make sure you have the info you need and that the lane space is available.Virtual National Championships – August 12 - 23
Of course you want to be part of this - all the cachet of being part of a USMS national championship event without any of the travel cost! Besides, FREE is always a good price! See the separate message specific to how this virtual event works. We’ll be doing events during MWF practices week of Aug 17, so sign up anyway!